Why in the world does my exhusband always call me for relationship advice, then when I call him he acts like he doesn't want to talk to me

Its really not that I care at all except for if you are going to call me all the time asking me what you should do with your gf and how to spy on her and blah blah blah, then don't act like you don't know why I am calling you, geeez its not like my SO doesn't know he calls me because he is always right there so whats the big deal

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • That is a bit weird. Perhaps he is one of those people who only want to get into conversations that will benefit themselves. I have had some friends like that. I would be there whole-heartedly listening,analyzing and giving them advice. Next time something came up in my life I expected the favor to be returned, but no luck...go figures.
    But if you are simply calling to give him advice or check on a situation he had called you about, then I don't see why he would act like that. Maybe just let him call you. ????
    mom4mason

Answer by mom4mason at 6:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• probably because he's needy and has no friends
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 6:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Why talk to him about this stuff at all? He knows you'll talk to him, advise him. He's still using you.
    Anonymous

• First of all....Dont ask him anything having to do with relationships. Theres a reason that you 2 arent together. Something went wrong! Dont even contact him about anything like that! DUH!!!
    Anonymous

• Tell him to figure it out on his own. There is a reason he's an x and tell him that means you no longer are responsible for helping him with anything like that. If he has trust issues with his gf he should find another one.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• okay I am never the one that calls him, I simply return his phone calls because well if I don't he will just keep calling then he will call my SO to see why I am not answering, I have no problem being friendly with him because we both (at least I do) that we are not together for a good reason, honestly it just bugs seriously why call me then when I return your call you act all weird talking aboutr well I don't want to talk to you
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's about control. Stop returning his phone calls and he will stop calling you.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If your ex keeps calling you, then CHANGE your number! Unless, of course, you LIKE the attention!
    Anonymous

• Why do you keep answering the phone, he sounds like a skeezball, spying on his girlfriend and stuff. I think you should just leave this guy alone.
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009