Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I had put a portective order on my ex boyfriend who is the father of my i just got a call from the sheriff and they said that since they were unable to find my ex that the order was sent back to court and that they basicly that they could no nuthing else inregards to the proctive order..i feel like my life is in danger and i dont no what to do? He hasnt came back around since the incident last week with him assalting me..i am thinking about leaving state to start my business but i am not sure due to me having my son ..i have been asking about the case and they keep telling me that the proscutor (not sure how to spell it) has not got around to it..what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • I would call everyday till someone does something about it. That order should still be in affect no matter if they found him or not. Now if he comes around and hurts you or something then theres not much they can do only bc he didnt know that there was an order out. Also the cops arent tying their hardest to find him. They probably think that its not important and they have other things to do. Thats where the system is wrong!! Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • They have to be able to serve him for the order to be in effect. If you want to leave the state go to the same court and get their permission.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • i would move anywhere he doesn't know you'd go.

    Answer by melody77 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • I would petition to have his rights dissolved.. go to the courts, set up a court date.. if he doesn't show.. then you'll win your case..and can move no questions asked. if he does show.. it will be a chance for the procesution to finally handle the original court orders.
    Either way, you will be able to legally move after that.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • also got to Social Services, they will help you get protection, and help speed up the processes with the courts.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • try and link to KNOW THE LAWS and see if you can leave the state with your son without getting in trouble or try (that is 2 v's and not a w) or call your local domestic violence shelter and ask them what to do.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.