My dog ate corn on the cob

the whole cob is gone?

wth. shes about 50lbs. Will it pass? Im reading contradictory things when I google this. Some say shell be fine others say its terrible.

luvhubandbabys

Asked by luvhubandbabys at 9:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2012 in Pets

• I think she will be fine, but do keep an eye on her in case she begins acting like she is in pain.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• It could pass, I have seen dogs pass some strange things but I would keep a close eye on her. If she starts acting lethargic, vomiting or has diarrhea I would get her to the vet asap
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• You should probably watch her and make sure that doesn't happen again. Dogs eat the weirdest and grossest things ever.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Call your vet in the am. Better safe than sorry.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• *If* she chewed it it may pass. *If* she swallowed it whole I can guarantee you, form experience, it will not digest and it will cause problems. Watch for her not feeling well, vomiting and acting lethargic mainly. Do call your vet. They may want to evaluate the situation and see if the cob is whole or chewed up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• It's fine. I promise. We lived next to a corn field for two years. It happened a lot. The vet said it is harmless. Maybe some diarreah, but that's not shocking.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2012

• If it causes a bowel obstruction because it failed to break down, there won't be any diarreah, or bowel movements. The dog would be unable to get comfortable. Look up bowel obstruction. If your dog has gone poop and is eating and drinking, it's fine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2012

• she seems fine so far. thanks for the answers.
    luvhubandbabys

Comment by luvhubandbabys (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2012

• keep an eye on her
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2012