Do your kids seem to be hungry often?

Even after a couple of hours of eating...I don't get it they are constantly asking for something to eat or snack and it is getting very annoying....

Help!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• well this is in tweens and they are growing so I would say this is normal, stock up on healthy get it yourself snacks and let them eat when they are hungry as long as they are eating thier meals as well
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• My kids are all hitting growth spurts at the same time, they're eating me out of house and home.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• my 16 yr old eats ALL the freaking time...an hour after a meal- eating...two hours after that- eating...
    it's insane!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• My daughter is always hungry! She will just finish a meal clear her dishes and say "I'm hungry." I've started to have a snack box which I put cut celery and cut carrots in and maybe some grapes or apple slices or something. I tell my kids they can eat anything the need from there between meals otherwise they just keep looking and asking for other things to eat. This has been an issue for my daughter since she was born (and no it's not proder willies (sp?). My sons have no problem being full of course their not even in their tweens yet so I'm sure they will get there soon. I think back to a commercial I remember seeing where someones teenage son eats a stick of butter and I wonder how long it will be before I experience this from my sons.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 10:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• It's either boredom, growth spurt, the full moon or just a way to annoy you while you are on CM! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• I keep apples around for this- my son is almost 8 and always hungry! He is allowed to grab an apple and go for it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• As long as they're eating well at meal time, keep healthy snacks that they can help themselves to between meals along with healthy juices. I wouldn't worry as long as they are also getting exercise and not just sitting and playing games for long periods of time. My kids always got super hungry when they hit a growth spurt and they needed more sleep then too.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2012

• Awww. Sad for big food bills
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2012

• Every second of every day it would seem.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2012

• Yeah. My kids will start asking about a snack/dessert AS they're taking their dinner dishes to the dishwasher. lol I let them snack as long as they are eating their meals. They know that if they stop eating their meals, the snacks go away, too.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2012