Does anyone here Homeschool their kids in Los angeles area?

Hello
Wanting to know if anyone homeschools their child in the San bernardino/LA county California area to be more exact? I live around there (wont say exactly) i just need to know how it works, how much it costs and what websites to look at?

DD #1 is 7 1/2 years old going on 8 this Aug and going into 3rd grade has IEP/Math and Reading problems.
DD #2 is 6 years old going into 1st grade this year also in August like my oldest. Has IEP. Cant read or any of that stuff. She is shy, is not really social, hates to share lol um i was told in 1st grade its normal not to read or do math or even know how to tie your shoes. She can identify some colors/shapes and count but is behind

personally to be very honest i am super bad in math. I LOATH the kids home work because of how weird it is now a days. Just SO WEIRD. I dont know why math has to be all about counting blocks, sticks and just weird looking math. Wish it was a lot simpler. Just had to put that out there i guess. I am considering Homeschool because i dont want the Government trying to force my kids vaccinations/meds. none of the elementary schools they ever went taught them anything. My second dd is still behind and has a lot of problems.

my oldest is pretty much okay but when she gets home from school. She refuses to do ANY WORK even though SHE CAN READ, SHE CAN DO MATH. Her teachers have told me she can do it and if she is refusing at home and saying She does not know how then she is lying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't live in CA, but here's the laws for CA for homeschooling. There's other information that will probably be helpful on that site, as well. hslda.org It looks like you have 4 different options to be able to homeschool. You'll want to read through them carefully and research them to make sure that you not only pick the best one for you, but also that you comply with the requirements. As far as cost, that really depends. There are a ton of factors that can affect how much it costs. So far, I spend less than $100 a year on two kids, but I live in FL. Homeschooling is a major time commitment, too. You'll spend time teaching, and you'll also spend time planning, preparing, etc. Kids often do learn faster with homeschooling, but it still requires a lot of your time and attention. So keep that in mind as well.

wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:36 AM on Jul. 31, 2012

• .
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2012