period or postpartum bleeding

had a c section on dec 5 2008 ive had some abnormal bleeding in the past but it cleared up. im bleeding again it almost like a period but i am breastfeeding how do i no the difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told a period should not be present until 3 months after delivery if you are breastfeeding. I would put a call in to your oB just to make sure if that is their guideline as well
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Women can begin their cycle anytime after the birth of their child. All women and all cycles are different. Some women begin their cycle after one month post-partum. You are about 9 weeks post-partum. It is likely that it could be your cycle beginning again. (UGH! I know! Not this again!) I would not think that you would still be having postpartum bleeding. The best thing to do, is make a call to the doctor. Ask to speak with a nurse and tell them what is going on. Try to set up an appointment to be seen.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009