Is this as bad as the thought is making me feel?

My 3 year old is still in a crib, and I feel real bad about it. Should I feel bad about that or not? I'm looking for a toddler bed or a twin size bed for her, but can't find any that I really like, any advice?

via86

Asked by via86 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 3 years is a little old but don't feel bad i mean sh*t some kids don't even have a bed u know. Have you looked online for like those character ones? I have a 4 year old daughter and she has the princess one....she LOVES it and it makes her feel soo big. well good luck
    luv4adrianna

Answer by luv4adrianna at 6:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well. A crib is a bed only more secure, so don't feel bad! As long as your child is comfortable, so be it. My son is 16 months, it's so hard to put him to sleep. I have to lay him down in my bed, rock him, wait , then i put him in his crib. Is that normal?
    julie449

Answer by julie449 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• If she is sleeping well then it's the perfect place for her...
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• She sleeps great in except for nap time, that's a pain, hell she don't even take naps. I'm going to be needing the crib soon so i do need to get her out. She loves her crib though
    via86

Answer by via86 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• LOOK ON CRAIGSLIST.COM OR WALMART HAS LOTS.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• we had a convertible- crib to toddler bed... my youngest is four and a half and just got off the toddler bed--- and then only because a. i'm pregnant again and we needed the crib and b. my mom gave us a bunk bed...haha... so if it weren't for that she'd be ont he toddler bed still...
    don't feel bad- as long as the kidlet is sleeping well you are doing ok.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My 3yr old twins are still using their cribs with crib tents so they don't climb out. They don't seem to mind, so I don't feel guilty.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't feel bad! my daughter turned 3 in Dec. and is still in hers! She sleeps 11 hours every night and a 2-3 hour nap everyday and she absolutely loves her crib so I have not taken her out of it yet! I have caught some slack from some of my friends that think she is too old for the crib! But everybody is sleeping good so why mess that up?
    Anonymous

• You guys are all so lucky! My son started jumping out when he was 18 months old! He would do what looked like somersaults into his crib and he would jump out! It was awful, so I freaked out and went straight to a twin bed!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• No. Why do you choose to feel bad that your child is sleeping in a safe crib? Is there a reason a crib is inappropriate? I doubt your child even thinks about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009