Tax law?

I was watching a documentary that someone had sent to my husband and it clearly states that there is NO LAW that says we are required to pay federal taxes. Check out this website and take the time to watch the video for yourself.

http://www.jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/92

determind

Asked by determind at 6:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• There is no law thats says we have to but there are laws that support the fact that we do if that makes sense
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Try NOT paying taxes. They can take your savings/checking account, they can take your house, they can put you in jail....

I had a friend who believed this wholeheartedly. He didn't pay taxes for five years. They caught up with him and took everything he had, and he was still paying them back years later.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Paying 20% per pat period is okay with me if it means that my accounts will not be frozen, I will not serve any jail tine and I will not be paying back the government for years to come. I am all for "fighting the power" but not at my family's expense.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• : LoriKeet thanx for the link, lol, I was going to go look for a similar link.. but OP it is the law.. so unless you want to end up in jail for tax evasion, i would suggest paying your taxes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You cannot tax a man on his labor, you can tax him on capital gains but not labor. There is no law but by force we have to pay it. Today I sent a tea bag to our new president demanding our liberties back.
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 12:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The only way we're going to be able to "fight to get our liberties back" is to stop voting for the people who want to take our liberties away, who want to spend, spend, spend our tax dollars adn money we don't have on their special interest pork projects, and maybe find some undeveloped country that we can secede to, and start over...like the Pilgrims did!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009