question about autism

my 2 year old was diagnosed with autism a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if the early intervention pays for the ABA therapy and how many hours a week is recommended for him to get. We will have our IFSP meeting soon and I want to be ready for it. I know they pay for speech, occupational and physical but I am not sure about the ABA program or is it something that we pay out of our pocket? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Early Intervention should pay for a therapist to come into your home and you can request that the person who works with your child be trained in ABA. With ABA it is generally recommended that a child get at least 40 hours of one on one instruction per week (spaced out over 7 days of course). Early Intervention rarely provides that much, so it has been my experience that many parents have to personally run the program the remaining hours or privately hire someone to do so. I did this kind of work for many years, let me know if I can help in any way.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• MY SON IS NOW BEING DIGNOISE WITH ASPERGER DISORDED .AND HIS SCHOOL ARE STARTING ASSMENT TESTING NOW AND WITH ADHD.BUT MY CHALLENGE IS WITH HIS TEACHERS IM MEAN TWO IN A WEEK,PRETTY HARD FOR ANY CHILD AT K GRADE.AFTER THERE FINDINGS THEN CENTRAL VALLY REGINAL CENTAR WILL SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO.AT THIS POINT IM LEARNING MORE AND MORE ABOUT WHY MY SON DOCTER NEVER SEEN SINSE OF AUTISIM ,IF YOU NEED SOME ONE TO TALK TO PLEASES WRITE BACK
    tam297

Answer by tam297 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It depends. Every state's EI program will have different guidelines and services that they provide. While all EI programs generally provide vison & language services, occupational & physical thearpies, and developmental and/or behavioral services, the specific therapies employed can vary depending on what therapists are trained in (eg...ABA, DTT, VBA, etc.), what guidelines have been established by whomever is in charge of the program, and what your child's specific needs are. You will need to ask what specific therapies are available through your local E.I. program for your child.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You should get in touch with my friend. She knows all about it. :) http://www.cafemom.com/home/KaeLainne
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have an awesome testimony on autism and this supplement - I can email it to you.

my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 21, 2009