Why does she wake up when I put her down?

My 5month old daughter will be dead asleep but if she is laid down she immediately wakes up. She then wont go back to sleep and acts like she was never even tired. Why?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know why they wake up like that. Probably cold and less comfy.
    Work on getting her to lay down while she is still awake but sleepy and put herself to sleep...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• cause she's a baby. lol. buy a sling for you to wear & let her sleep in that. near mommy is a baby's favorite place =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Swaddle her when you put her to sleep and then when you lay her down, put her in a sleep positioner so that she feels secure. When they get laid down its like all of their extremities flail everywhere and they feel insecure. When my DD falls asleep if I am on the couch with her I just lay her on her side with her back against the cushion and she stays asleep. Be careful with the sling carrying thing. If they get too used to that you will NEVER be able to put them down.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009