Anyone ever have a ct scan done of the sinuses?

So I been having a lot of problems with headaches and all and it is in the sinus areas. I had my nose looked up and was told by 2 doctors that it is the reddest they have seen. So something is wrong with my sinuses. The first doc put me on anti. but they did nothing. So the second doc is having a cat scan done of my sinuses. I was wondering if anyone else has been thru this? If so what did they find? Im a lil scared bc I dont know what to expect with all the problems I have been having.

jroseh68

Asked by jroseh68 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• My husband has major sinus problems. When they did his first CT they found he had polyps that were blocking the drainage and that is what was causing all the infections and pressure. They did a same day surgery to remove them. He was fine in just a few days. The worst part was they pack your nose. He has had to have it done 3 times now because the polyps keep growing back. If yours are really red that sounds a lot like major allergies. Do you take an allergy medicine? Do anithistamines or decongestants make it feel better? Don't be concerned about the CT. It isn't at all uncomfortable. They just want to see if there is a physical reason you're having problems.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I had one done when I was younger. It turned out I had an inpacted sinus. I dont know what it is. They told my mother about it and she never told me. But fom the bits and peaces that I got wen he told my father is they wanted to stick a tube in and suck the stuff out of the sinus cavity. But I never had it done.
    Harley84

Answer by Harley84 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My husband had one done. I guess it has something to do with the head too. I thought it was weird to but he whatever needed to be done.
    Anonymous

• Thank you all for your responses. I have had problems for almost 3 years now. The have given me antibiotics and a nasal spray tand I have used many decongestants and antihistamines of my own personal use. Actually for almost 2 1/2 years I was told nothing was wrong with me and no one even looked in my nose. So when someone did actually it was very odd. So when they told me the inside was suppose to be pink and it was the reddest they have ever seen I was like humm maybe thats why i have headaches and pressure and problems and thats when they gave me the antis. and spray but it did nothing and i actually am fine as far as breathing out my nose. I guess that may be why no one really thought to check my nose before bc i breath fine out my nose for the most part..
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2009