So people who do not believe in God (The biblical God, that is)

Have/will you watch Fireproof even though is is based on christianity and God? I mean, it still represents what a marriage is all about and it's still interesting so did/will you watch it? and did you think it was good (other than the christian theme?)
I'm basically asking: Did you think that was an awesome, inspiring movie excluding those parts?
Personally, I think it is good for anyone as far as the relationship of them and the marital issues..etc and doing good for each other...It still teaches a lesson even if you don't believe in the Godly parts of it, IMO.
(Please, no bashing..This is just a simple question so don't turn it in to chaos.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not christian, and it really didn't bother me, the references to religions. If you over look the religious parts of it, you still would ended up with the same results. It's a matter of being spiritually connected with yourself and spouse, for them, it was through Christianity, but implant you religion, and the results will end up the same.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It has nothing to do with Christianity or anything...but the plot just doesn't interest me. Meh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The point of the movie was that you can't build a healthy relationship without a foundation in God. How can you remove the "Godly" parts?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• *yawn*
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No. I can't stand Kirk Cameron. And yes you can build a healthy relationship without God. My hubby and I have done it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't entirely believe in the God of the Bible but I still plan to watch that movie. I think it looks like it's probably a good one to see. Sort of reminds me of "Facing the Giants" and how important it is for us to trust in God.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Im with caitxrawks. It just isnt the type of movie I would normally see.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I haven't seen it and don't have any plans to see it, but it isn't because of the religious aspects. I have seen some other movies with obvious religious content (Passion of the Christ, for instance.) I just am not really into relationship dramas, whether they contain Christian content or not. I won't go out of my way to see it, but it's not because of the religious overtones, I haven't gone out of my way to see any secular 'married couple working on their issues' movies either!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Believe it or not atheists have successful relationships too, simply because we try to understand the other human being without judging based on any resources like holy books, are more tolerant than believers. We put more time in understanding human nature and Nature altogether and how things work instead getting hung up on what possible imaginary gods have to say. Fortunately not all believers are intolerant and I have a lot of friends among them and we respect each other.
    Me and my husband make decisions based on what is best for the family in all and each member of it. Our morals are based on experience of living in a society and learning what is best for humans, we dont read holy books, but we truly respect each other and other people, we judge them based on their actions and not beliefs, and even when someone's actions are not perfect you have to look at the whole picture, a person's life before you judge.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 8:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The movie doesn't interest me in the slightest. The commercials make me gag. You couldn't pay me to see it.
    Anonymous