Moms that have had c-sections

Just had my 2nd child on Dec 31st 2008 via c-section (not by choice but she got stuck ) anyways I was wondering since it has been over a month should I still be having pain where my incision is? It isn't constant but it comes and goes like it gets irritated or something! I was just wondering how long you guys hurt after your c-section, how long if took you to fully heal and for all the pain to go away? I go see my doctor in a couple of days so I will have him check it out then.

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 7:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It has been two yrs since mine and the doc says it is perfectly normal to have bee sting sensations still...this was major surgery so take it easy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's probably normal. I had pain for about 3 months. Even now (almost 2 years since my last one) it is still tender sometimes. Like if I lean over the counter and hit it a certain way, it's a little painful. Not excruciating pain, but just uncomfortable. If there's a good bit of pus around the incision, then it could be infected. Just try to keep it dry. Remember to pat it dry with a towel after showering. I hope you get to feeling better!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hunter is 14 months and I still get pains and hot scratchy feelings where the incision was. It was really bad for the first 4 months, I do remeber that. I got perscribed more vicodin at my 3 week check up.
    SaturnsFire

Answer by SaturnsFire at 7:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I meant 6 week check up.
    SaturnsFire

• If it isn't red and angry looking, or seeping, then I wouldn't worry about it just yet. As I remember mine was still a little tender after my last one. It got infected about two weeks after the birth, wasn't all that red but there was a lot oozing. You should be going in to see your doctor for your post natal check up so I'd mention it then.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Ok well I never got pills to come home with except IB proufin 600's which I think I took 1 - I never took them in the hospital either (I am not a pill taker), I actually hid them from my nurse's until my husband told on me lol Any whoo I don't have any puss or anything its clean looking and no scabs its just irritated once in a while, but as I have read it seems normal so I thank you ladies
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's normal to have a little (minor) pain for several months afterward. They say it can take up to a year for your body to be completely healed and healthy afterwards.

Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes its normal I just had my second section about 5 1/2 months ago and I still get weird pains there
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• thank you all you have put my mind at ease

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• yeah its normal- I got sharp pains even up to 2 years after. I still have no feeling right on the scar area- its very weird. The dr said thats normal though.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009