I am doing the natural method by preventing pregnancy but....

By natural, I mean calendar method, avoiding fertile days, observing ovulation..etc.
I was wondering if anyone knew how effective it is along with spermicide? Like the percentage.
Also, I do the natural way right. I avoid ALL fertile days so what % effective is that when done right?
So if you put the percentage of effectiveness from spermicide and the natural method together what are the chances? (I'm wanting an estimate here, NOT to know if I could get pregnant.) Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not sure but id think pretty good ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I mean, as long as your cycle is always normal and you can pin-down your fertile days pretty good, I'd say you're good.

Spermicide has a lot of artifial ingredients in it that aren't good for you and some cause major irritation.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• *artificial* lol
    .Peaches.

• uhmmmm well...sounds like it might work..but my friend got pregnant while on her period and made her bf use a spermacide and was on birth control...and my friend is SUPER careful...

just not careful enough to use a condom...so...id say theres a chance you COULD get pregnant if that happened to her?
    Anonymous

• The failure rate is 2%-25%, more typically 25%. Read more here: http://www.stanford.edu/group/SHPRC/ch6_nat.html

StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009