Marriage

Did you get married because you were pregnant?

RiyahsMommy08

Asked by RiyahsMommy08 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope
    it complicates things.
    Do one thing first then the other
    it stresses things in your relationship
    Anonymous

• No, I got married because I found my other half.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Nope.
    squish

Answer by squish at 7:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Still waiting for the question, our daughter will be a year old soon, I dont think he will ever ask, in my opinion even though he has never said so, I think sometimes that he is just with me because of her, and if not for her we would not be together, he is just trying to do the right thing. Its an awful feeling and a horrible position to be in, the questions in your mind dont stop, you always wonder...
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No but I know people who have and their marriages failed. NOT that it means failure is inevitable.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No. In fact, i didn't get married until AFTER the baby...in part so if the question ever came up, i could honestly say that i married his dad because i love him and not just because he was on the way.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My husband asked me to marry him twice before we got pregnant and although we DID get married while I was pregnant we was going to do it anyways. We also planned the pregnancy. I love him ;)
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My second marriage was over me being pregnant. My first one was not.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Our relationship started pretty bad. He told me he loved me but I had heard that from so many guys I didn't believe it at all, I just thought of him as a boy toy. When I got prego I stayed w/ him cuz I felt I should and "why not? he's a great guy". When baby came things got REALLY bad. LOTS of stress, I hated my life and him for getting me prego, things going wrong, no money.... We've both said that, then, we stayed for the baby. But slowly I started working through all my issues and being a better woman and mom and things got better, we've fallen in love and even had 2 more kids. When he proposes, which he hasn't done only cuz we can't afford a ring let alone wedding, I know it'll be from his heart not cuz of the situation.
    kira_5105

Answer by kira_5105 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009