needing some MAJOR help

We just found out that me, my husband, and our 2 year old have scabies! we are not happy about it and have no idea how we got it! My question is we have a 1 week old son who even if he does get it he can't be treated! what can we do to prevent him from getting it..we are in the process of treating our selves and washing everything in the house..but i'm afraid to even hold my baby. because of the medicine i can't give my baby breast milk....but the doc said it's transferred by close contact...if i'm already using the meds..which are a cream is it safe to hold the baby!! God i really hope i'm not the only one who's gone through this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• If u are already applying the cream to yourself put on a clean long sleeve shirt and some gloves to hold your baby. I work in the medical field in a nursinghome I have seen many cases of scabies I have never caught it other workers have I feel for you and your family I would for sure do the long sleeve shirt and gloves you can have no skin to skin contact even put a blanket or towel on your lap when holding baby.It is very easy to catch Good luck I'll be thinking of your family.P.S. maybe you caught it in the hospital when you had your little one.We had an out break at our local hospital about 2 years ago.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I had it the last 3 months of my pregnancy but my doctor kept telling me he didnt' know what it was..so after i had the baby i went to my regular family doctor..she said even if my OB had dianosed it i couldn't have been treated while pregnant ne way! which sucks because now my baby is here and he's too little to be treated!
    Anonymous