Needing some MAJOR help

my family just found out we have scabies..everyone has it except our one week old son. How can i prevent him from getting it. we have already started the cream treatment..which is 12 hours of having this cream on us...and started waashing ne type of material in our house,...clothing and bedding. but i'm afraid to even hold my baby because the doctor said it's transferred by close contact! but he's one week old how can i not hold my baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• I think it would be best to ask your doctor what to do.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, ask your doctor. I googled and found where a doctor had said it is no longer contagious 24 hours after treatment. I'll look some more.

I wonder if you could wear long sleeves and gloves on your hands, meanwhile.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I'm afraid that I didn't find anything else. Call your doctor and ask.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Oh what a mess! We had scabies as children, make sure you wash EVERYTHING in hot water, shampoo the mattresses and carpet. All I can say is my sister and I got it at my moms house, we began the cream right away, and my dad, stepmom, and brother never got them. I assume the 24 hour thing is correct
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009