• In the Spotlight:

15 months and funny sounds while sleeping

I have noticed my son making thease funny sounds when he is sleeping it sounds like he is gasping for air, It is real high pitched. It last like maybe 10 seconds. I remember he used to make this sound when he was a tiny baby I told my doctor and she said he was probally just vocalizing? but now he does it only in his sleep. Is this normal? he wakes up ALOT at night I am concerned

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 7:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd check with your doctor if you are still worried about him, (you posted this 3 days ago). Is he congested at all? Maybe putting a pillow or wedge under his mattress to prop him up. We do this when ours has a cold/flu. If it's waking him up, and he's not getting enough rest, I'd check with the doctor about that as well.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2009