can they tell

im 7 weeks and i have a doctors app in the morning to have an u/s done. do you think by hearing the heartbeart they can tell what it would be ? or do i have till i wait till i make 15 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can never tell gender by heart rate. wait for your ultrasound at 18-22 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Still got some time before you find out. They definetly can't tell by a heartbeat. Was that a joke?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I agree, can not tell by heart beat nor usually by 15 weeks. My ultrasound doctor said before 18 weeks things are swollen and can look alike. You will have to wait till your 18-22 week ultrasound.
    Anonymous

• yeah thats just a wives tale although my doc did make a joke at my 7 wk appt saying that if we believe it then my babys gonna be a girl ill find out for sure next tuesday and ill keep u posted!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• my little boy was showing his privates in the ultrasound at 12 weeks. and my mid wife said that little boys testicles can be seen as early as 9 weeks. oh and they can get an idea by the heart beat. thats how they did it back in the day. and also thats how my midwife decided i was having a boys before i was sent somewhere for ultrasounds.
    supermom8907

Answer by supermom8907 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• im goin w the other posters..wives tale! and its actually 16-22wks
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My Dr. told me I was having a girl at 16 weeks and i figured it was a girl because she always had a faster heartbeat than most! It is an old wives tale but it is true in just about everybody I know!
    Anonymous

• I know it's a wives tale but my daugter was always in the 160's. I was convinced this one was a girl too until the dr. checked the heart rate around 16 weeks and it was in the 140's. My thought was...awww man, that''s a boy heartbeat! lol, sure enough two weeks later i saw little boy parts. you just never know.... :) have fun trying to guess.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i would never go on a heart rate with my first the heart rate for the most was in the 150 and 160 and i had a girl now its in the 150s and 140s and its 1000% girl so you can never be sure with my sister same thing happen one babies heart rate was in the 160s and other was in the 150s too 140s and both of her babies where boys also if you are only 7 weeks it may be a bit hard for them too measure the heart rate may have too wait till next appointment with both my girls they refused too stay put at my first appointment doctor said it was normal
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2009