Question about eyesight?

I wear glasses and have had a prescription for them since 5th grade. I went years without wearing them. Last year I started wearing them regularly like I should be and it's helped a lot. I can read books and signs comfortably now.

My problem is the computer screen. I can hardly see a thing without my glasses, and even with my glasses, it's blurry. I can hold a book in front of my face and see crystal clear...but it's not the same with the computer screen. (the type size is about the same.) I've tried backing away and moving closer and nothing works. My prescription seems perfectly fine UNLESS I'm in front of the computer.

Does this happen with anyone else? Is this my eyes or my computer monitor? Could it be because of the light in the monitor?

(P.S. my prescription is only 1 year old)

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• Im not sure is there a way to dull your screen maybe its the brightness ?

marie85

Answer by marie85 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• i have glasses and my computer did the same i just washed the screen and matt made it a lil bit brighter and its all fine maybe try and do that if its still the same go and see your eye spectilets(sorry spelling) and let him/her know mayby they might give u some other glasses for the computer.. good luck
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I complained to my eye dr and he said it's just something I have to live with. He said computers are ruining the eyes of many ppl. It's too close to be "far" and too far to be "near". It's in that zone that causes problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Question..While at the computer can you see better with or without your glasses? Problems near or far?? I know my doctor told me about a year ago.... for close up my problem was just focusing. And possibly just taking my glasses off would help. But for far off...gotta have'em on!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2009