Single Mom While Pregnant

So I am 25 weeks pregnant and so very single. I am so lonely it is actually making me miss my no good ex-boyfriend. Does anyone out there have any advice on what to do, and does this ever get any better? Thanks so much

Lonely Momma

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was single my last pregnancy and it is hard but it does get better! I'd write more but I'm leaving work lol. If you need to talk, pm me
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You're better off without him! I'm sure your baby will be better without him too! Stick with it. I'm sure it will be hard at first, but things do get easier..then harder in the teenaged years, lol!
    Anonymous

• If he's no good, stay away. It's what's best for you and your baby. In time, things will get better. Do you have family or friends that you can talk to? I know that having added support benefited me, greatly. If you can, try to connect with other single moms in your area. They've already been in your shoes and can help you during this time. Although it might be overwhelming, everything made much more sense to me once my sons were born. I had a clear reason for being and they made me a better person.
    Isa0524

Answer by Isa0524 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• im almost through with my divorce and im 35 weeks. my husband hasnt been there for me or the baby the entire time so i know what youre going through. to make matters worse, he had a gf the next day and is raising her kid. but it was abusive and i know my child and i are much better off plus i have the support of my family. itll get better...i promise.
    metallicakh39

Answer by metallicakh39 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• You can date you know. Lots of guys think pregnate is hot.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm totally with you...i'm 23 weeks and although the baby's father is not a terrible person, hes not interested in me or the baby. He'll respond to me, but he doesn't reach out. I feel so needy that I reach out much more than my pride wants to let me, and then I just feel stupid and lonely.

I haven't been in a real relationship in a long time, and I miss the little things, like someone to tell me i'm pretty or to be intimate with outside of sex - cuddling in bed, rubbing my back or just calling to see how I am. I don't mean to be selfish either, i would be more than happy to reciprocate these things.

I know this doesn't give you any advice or help you at all, but you are not alone.
    supahC

Answer by supahC at 12:15 AM on Feb. 6, 2009