I know they say your skin changes as you get older but

mine is getting worse. I had mild acne as a teenager. When i was pregnant and having my babies my skin because absolutley perfect during pregnancy (pretty much opposite of when they said it can increase acne). Well it has been 2 years since my last child, and i cannot get my skin under control. I have used what i have used in he past that works. I have used things recommended from all kinds of brands and still nothing is working.
The worse spots are around the chin/jaw area, and sometimes forehead and cheeks. They get to be those large red spots that never really come to a white head on them. And they never go away. they may get smaller but them will flare back up. And they are really sore .
I have the implanon inplant form of birth control . So i wander if it has something to to with that. Like it may be hormonal or something.
I think my next step would be to try a dermatologist. Doesnt that seem like the next step?
Anyone had any experience with acne before that you were sucessful keeping under control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• Welcome to hormonal acne. I ended up at the dermatologist and on antibiotics, retin a for 4 years. It really worked and my skin was beautiful with the Retin A. Same symptoms with the big lumps that never come to a head. What a horrible time and did a huge number on my self-esteem.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2012

• My friends kids are seeing a dermotologist that is prescribing Acutane. It is also used in chemotherapy. The kids have to go to a special website to promise that they are not having sex or trying to get pregnant while on this drug. It is really working but I personally don't like the drug. With your chemistry changing every 10 years it may get worse before it gets better. See a doctor and hear what he has to say.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• I think you need a dermatologist. I, myself, touch my jawline and awful lot and it can cause break outs. It is the one thing you can do to help yourseld. Start training yourself not to touch your face.

BTW that wonderful oily skin can curn dry in just a few years moisturize your ands and legs now.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• i'm having this issue currently..well, the last 3-4months..the only dermatologist in town is a long wait..my appointment isn't until November. it sucks.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• IDK, bumped ya. Does changing one's diet help?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• UGH -- I know ...seems like I have had more acne in my 30's than I did as a teenager - BOO - what's up with that!! Damn Hormones, I guess!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I definitely have more acne now than when I was a teenager. I get cystic-type acne around my jawline. I've had good luck with Murad's anti-aging acne products, though they are definitely expensive.

It really pisses me off to have to use anti-acne products at nearly 41, lol.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Your skin is your largest organ and a vital barrier that protects you from your environment. As your primary defense shield, skin absorbs a tremendous amount of abuse. It guards your innards from the sun's harmful rays, extreme hot and cold temperatures, and water -- not to mention a multitude of aggressive bacteria and viruses that might otherwise make you very sick.
    On top of all that abuse, your skin must repair itself when it endures harm. It's continually healing little scratches and scrapes and bruises. Ironically, the size and familiarity of your skin makes it easy to take for granted. And many people do.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2012