I really fu**ed up this time

Ok, so i was freakin stupid and i applied for a loan online and as soon as i hit submit, like 5 lenders were calling. They called my cell AND WORK. I was like what the hell. No one has ever called the workplace like that.
This one number kept calling and calling right back if i didnt answer. I stepped out and called them and told them they needed to cancel the application and add me to the do not call list.
I have done it three times in the last 15 minutes. They keep saying that they did add the number. I told them twice that if they didnt stop calling i was going to report them to the DA office for harrassment. (no not really, but figured it would work) Then they called back about 3 minutes later. I mean geez, i know they are foreign, but i spoke very clearly. THe other place very kindly cancelled the application and said thanks. There are like 7 voicemails within the last 15 minutes on my phone. I seriously think i have screwed myself. I probably should change my number.

Anywyas, to the real question. I have done things like this before and I see a psychiatrist and take medication for a mood disorder. Could spontaneously doing something like this mean i should go in and see if the medication dosage needs to be changed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2012 in Money & Work

• probably so, bipolar etc do reckless stuff
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Eeeek
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• It could, but first, why did you apply for the loan? Was it "I need to pay the electric bill on Friday and there's no way I'll have the money", or "I want to start a business, and a $5000 loan will help me do that"? Or was it "Oh, hey, look, there's an ad to get a loan! What the hell, let's see what happens!" If it was one of the first two, it would seem that that was just a matter of possibly making a poor choice. If it was the third, that is the one that I would say yeah, you should probably go in and talk to them and make sure everything is okay.

As for them calling, yeah, they can be persistent. If they're calling that much, I'd probably change my number. It'd be easier than continuing to try to make them stop calling.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Applying for a loan isn't a mental thing. It's not your fault the application process opened the doors and the lenders flooded in. Your meds are probably fine. This is a live and learn situation for everyone.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Impulsiveness can be a symptom of many things. It would be a good idea to talk to your Dr about this and anything else that is out of the ordinary, since you have a mood disorder. it may be that you just need a simple adjustment. With mood disorders it is best (& easiest) to nip things in the bud with the help of your Dr.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• It never hurts to be checked.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• geez, they are still calling me at work. The same company just a different person. I seriously may loose my job over this. Not to mention is is extremley embarrasing with customers in here.
    I am really worried for what i have done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• they called your work extension? You gave them your direct workline. Let it go to voice mail, or just keep hanging up on them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Its best to only give work number to immediate family members and school/after school care/babysitter your children attend.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Gosh. I would answer the phone and say "Is this a personal call? It is against company policy to put personal calls through."
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2012