When do babies learn to tilt their bottle/sippy cup?

My son is 9 1/2 months, and I can't seem to get him to understand how to tilt his bottle up to drink it himself. I'd like to be able to put him in the high chair or whatnot and have him drink his bottle (or sippy cup, as we are trying to get him used to it) on his own. What's the typical age for this? Or how can I help him figure it out?? He doesn't want to lay down to drink a bottle anymore anyway.

parkersmama08

Asked by parkersmama08 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have to say it depends on the kid. My youngest held her own bottle from the time she was 5 months and my oldest took almost 1 yr to hold her bottle with out me tilting it for her. But if your interested they have these things you put next to the child its like foam but it tilts the bottle for them.
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 9:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• yeah it depends ..each child is different.my daughter is 7 monyhs and shes mastered it..
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Well he's been HOLDING his own bottle since 3 months, but I meant to say when can they sit up and tilt their bottles?
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Im having the same problem with my daughter im trying to get her used to using the sippy cup. She has been holding her bottle since 8 weeks no joke..(I have Pictures)..lol
    Arob0524

Answer by Arob0524 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009