Please if anyone knows what to do with a sweater made of chennile that is shedding all over the place when I wear them... I have two that I absolutely love but leave a trail wherever I go. I love them they were gifts from my deseased mother but I don't know what I can use to eliminate the trail of fuzz etc.

They are beautiful but I feel like I can crochet another sweater @ the end of the day when I collect the residue with my vacuum. Any thoughts, ideas will be appreciated.

Bellafleurs

Asked by Bellafleurs at 8:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • I wish I could help you with that. I had a chenille sweater once. Wore it the one time, washed and dryed it and basically my whole sweater was in the lint trap. The sweater was see through and I had to trash it. Hopefully someone else knows what to do.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• there's not much you can do at this point. sorry :(

after the yarn is damaged by the washing machine & dryer to the point it is now, there is no fixing it.

chennile is lots of small pieces of fiber that are only held in place by the long twisted fiber that makes it yarn.
    Anonymous

• I really wouldn't want to part with it for sentimental reasons and wish there were something I can do so that I can wear them without feeling like a man with a hairy chest when I remove the garment. Anyone with any textile background, advice etc., would be greatly welcomed & appreciated I am desperate!

Thank you ladies in advance!! I would like to wear them once again w/o the fuzz in memory of my mother. ( one had belonged to her & I can still smell the sweet scent of her perfume )
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 9:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2009