If Catholic or Christian.....Not looking for a debate/trouble...just want other's input.

So for the past 4 days or so I have been trying to study the bible and get more in touch with my religion. I know I need God in my life and so I'm turning my life around with the help of God. So far there are so many questions I have. That my sister in law's husband has tried to answer for me but his answers don't satisfy me...I feel like he's not right. The question that is bugging me and I"m looking for the answer in the bible is: Are God and Jesus the same person? As a Catholic, and from what I get from the bible I believe they are not. What about you ladies???? Also, many believe that Jesus was never crucified on a cross. Was he or no???

HisMommy4Ever

Asked by HisMommy4Ever at 7:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Depends on denomination. If you believe in the Trinity then YES God and Jesus are the same being, Jesus is merely God in human form.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• 1. Most of the people that would answer this question are on in the morning
    2. IF you do not believe in the Trinity, then No. GOD is GOD and Jesus is a prophet
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• This comes down to what each person believes- how do YOU feel about it?
    there is no right or wrong answer
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• "many believe that Jesus was never crucified on the cross"... really? i've never met anyone who didn't believe that, isn't there HISTORICAL proof of it? or just of the fact that 3 people were crucified around the time that Jesus supposedly was? now you have me confused and asking questions... lol
    As for the God and Jesus thing, Kristi is right if you are a Catholic and/or a Christian religion that believes in the Holy Trinity.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Well I'm just really confused. I'm Catholic and growing up I always believed that Jesus was God's son. And as for being crucified I'm read somewhere else that people say he wasn't crucified on a cross. Like with his hands to the side...but rather upwards. My sister in law is Christian and her and her husband believe in the holy Trinity. But I've never even heard of that. I'm still debating whether or not Jesus and God are the same because if they were the same...who was Jesus talking to when they were crucifing him and he said to his Father..."Forive them Father for they know not what they do". If they were ONE person. Who was he talking to?
    HisMommy4Ever

Comment by HisMommy4Ever (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• I'm confused- the holy trinity is a tenet of Christianity/ Catholicism. Catechism would have taught you this. Did you NOT attend religious training as a child?

Do you believe Christ is your lord and savior?
    Do you believe Christ died for your sins?
    Are you washed in His blood?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• I am Catholic and we believe in the Holy Trinity...Father, Son, Holy Spirit. They are one in the same. The Father is the Son, who is the Holy Spirit, who is the Father...and so forth.

Jesus is said to be God's son, but he really isn't...he was God on earth.

And yes, I believe Jesus died on the cross.

BTW...Catholics are Christian.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• I just want to see what other people think about this. My sister law obviously believes that her religion is the right one and that what I believe as a Catholic is not right. ALLABOUTKEELEY to my sister law....Christians and Catholics are two totally different religions. We are not the same. I don't know. I just want to know the TRUTH.
    HisMommy4Ever

Comment by HisMommy4Ever (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Catholic teaching can be a tad confusing. This is called a mystery (officially) There is one God. There are three persons in the one God, The Father, ther Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. You might think of it as the three aspects of God at least in the beginning.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• "Christians and Catholics are two totally different religions".
    Not really- If you believe in any of the things I asked, you are a Christian. Catholics (who believe in the Christ) are by their definition Christian.

There is no Truth. There is no "true" religion. All there is, is YOUR truth.
    What do YOU believe?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2012