My Daughters hair wont grow

She is 6 and her hair has grown since 2011 and before that. I have pictures to prove it but it has take many many years. Shes had very thin brittle hair. Its all uneven every where. kinda looks like a mullet. she doesnt have a appearance of a girly girl. she has the more thicker hair on top of her head. but as it grows and you look down and more down. it gets thinner and thinner. Her hair doesnt FALL but some strands do fall off if you brush sometimes or it gets a little tangled. Its super thin and brittle looking at the ends. even though i cut her ends all the time to keep them even they dont stay even. Does that make sense? I cut my Oldest hair straight at the ends like this and it always stays like that. My second Daughter with the problem does not. It does grow slowly and grows in all directions, brittle, scraggly. Pic-

i need to upload my DD pics to show u how it looks. I cant find any pics online that look like her hair. Is there a vitamin she can take or is this a Syndrome like the 12 i have already read online? Please do not tell me to feed her more Meat, chicken, eggs, dairy. I am vegan there for i am making my kids be vegan as well. They are not completely Vegan but they barely eat any meat as they do not like it and Milk is not for us. we drink Almond and Soy Milk/Water/Ice tea's I make 90% all of my foods and drinks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2012 in Kids' Health

• i'd suggest you talk to her doctor.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Her thyroid is out of wack. She needs blood work ASAP.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• we did a thyroid test. it came out Negative, all ct scans and all blood work that have been done last year all came out negative. she has no doctor. we have no insurance. My husband left the army last year and we lost the insurance this year in april.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Apply for medicaid, then go see a doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Give her a multivitamin for children. It can't hurt anything. Sounds like some type of deficiency.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• Medicaid is for old people? Lol isnt it? There is no such thing as Medicaid in California well its for old people again. Its called Medi-cal and i tried enrolling and they are making me go thru circles. I applied online, got a letter in the mail with the guys phone number and he was supposed to be my case worker. They called me to do the interview over the phone and then gave me a appointment time. I was going to go but the guy called me and told me that i didnt have to go in person and that i needed to go to this other place with my husband because he was ex military (Veteran now) and he needed to go to this office to get a paper signed. You know i dont even remember what it is and what its for. Its some policy they need all veterans to do to make sure of something. We went on a friday because that was the only day we could go. Before we went the guy(Case worker) told me it was 5 mins away LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• It wasnt 5 mins away. I kept telling him we dont have enough Gas money to drive to places and i was not going to take a Bus or anything. The fact is my husband was supposed to go not me. He kept swearing it was 5 mins away and kept getting MAD AT ME when i told him Im not from around here, we just moved and i dont know those cross streets. I googled it online, i used my droid, i use my cars gps. they all gave me wrong Mileage. Finally it took us 30 minutes to get there and we didnt get lost either. it was 20 miles away, 30 minute drive. waste of gas, my time and my husbands because he drove. The damn office was closed and he told me there open every day. I never went, the application was closed or past the 30 days of getting it done. I got another letter in the mail telling me i has a new case worker (a women) i tried calling and calling and leaving messages and she never returned my call and i never got a letter in the mail
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• As of right now we dont have time to enroll any of the kids or in medi-cal. it takes too much time. We are super broke right now. We cant be spending the cars gas on going 30 mins away to a office for my husband to get a piece of paper signed in front of who knows who just cause he was ex military and I CANT enroll in Medical on my own since he was prior military. I dont even know wtf why not and what this stupid thing is. My husband goes to school on weekends and its 90 miles there and 90 miles back home on sat and sundays. we have to watch our spending. I will get medical after all the bills are paid and up to date and not backed up like we are now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2012

• A. Could be a deficiency- a multi vitamin (I know they make vegan I just can't recall name) will help that, as will the usual multi colored diet- the more colorful the better etc, and making sure she is adequately hydrated; you might also try brewers yeast, it did wonders for my hair and nails when I took it, the only reason I stopped is because it drives my milk output through the roof and I wanted to stop pumping.
    B. She could be like one of my aunts- her hair stops growing at her shoulders, doesn't matter what she does, what she takes, it will not grow past her shoulders.
    C. Could be a horrible disease like what you can find online- one of many reasons I prefer not to check symptoms online- a headache *could be* brain cancer.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Yeah i understand. I dont think being Hydrated has anything to do with hair. I never heard of that sounds weird. Being too hydrated is bad and you can die from drinking too much water. I dont let her drink whatever she wants or water all day and night just because she wants too. I limit anything in my house. For one, she was potty trained by regressed since last August. She just stopped peeing on her self every night. Its been a month now. She isnt allowed to drink anything more then a few times a day. usually two times and i know some people think thats bad but i dont care. Having her drink anything more then two cups a day is TOO much for her and i dont even drink water all day and night either and im BF still. You drink to thirst. I have to check on some Vegan herbs
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2012