A question in politics and current events reminded me of this..Too funny!

So DH told me this story about this man who got caught trying to rob a liquor store. He went in and got some beer and liquor then went to the counter and held the guy at gun point and demanded all his money. The guy behind the counter started taking all the money out and told the robber that he needed to see his ID before he could have the alcohol,. and the robber ACTUALLY SHOWED IT TO HIM!!! How smart is that? So the guy was able to remember his name and the name of the street he lived on and the robber was picked up 30 minutes later. lol. So do you have a funny story like this?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There was a story on the news once where I live. Guy robbed an autoparts store. Problem was when he tried to run out the clerks try to stop him & in the struggle, his prosthetic leg falls off! He had to hop out and jump in the get away car, leaving his leg behind. It was a very expensive leg. It had a serial number on it since it was custom made. They traced it back to the guy & arrested him. (this happened in Kansas City MO. you can look it up)

lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• haha:)
    thats funny and stupid:)
    hmmm let me think about it...
    eli29

Answer by eli29 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• not just one story, but several that are similar instances...i live in a town that has I-40 running straight through..and as a major thoroughfare for highway travel, its also a 'stretch' for drug-runners..cocaine, grass, etc...9 times out of 10, the vehicle gets stopped, not for drugs or even DUI/DWI, but because of expired tags, non-working signal lights, speeding! you'd think if you were gonna transport hundreds of pounds of marijuana in the back of a van or other vehicle, you'd keep everything on the outside in working, legal order..so you won't cause suspicion and get stopped! duh!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I worked at Family Dollar for 2 yrs. We used to have soo many shoplifters. One time this girls came in w/ a backpack & put stuff in it. She walks out. One of the clerks ran out after her yelling "Come back here. We know you stole stuff! The police are coming!" She panics and drops the backpack & runs. Her wallet with her ID was in it. The police showed up later at her house & arrested her.

lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• hahaha ...lol keep them coming I love how these brainiacs incriminate themselves
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 9:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My kids listen to the strange and stupid news on the radio sometimes and they hear about many people like that...
    Anonymous

• I posted this on another question too: here in Everett, wa last week a guy was arrested for making a drug deal on his cell phone in the bathroom of the Everett PD. Her said he thought he was at the Probation department b/c he had an appt with his PO> How dumb are criminals getting??
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My SO is the manager at an auto parts store and they had a big problem with shoplifters. One day he noticed a suspicious looking guy and sure enough, the guy grabbed something and ran out the door. SO chased him and right when he got outside the guy pulls a gun on him!! So he lets him jump in his car and speed off, then SO calls the cops. Somehow they catch the guy at a motel up the road and ask SO to identify him. So he does and then comes to find out the guy stole a phone car charger that wasn't more then $20. So now instead of being charged with petty larceny, he gets robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, and all kind of other good stuff!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009