Have you ever been audited by the IRS?

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nope!
    mbee

Answer by mbee at 11:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, it sucked!
    0Jenna0

Answer by 0Jenna0 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• yes at age 22! And I agree it sucked.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Yes, it was horrible. I was married to my ex for 8 years, so when we separated and I claimed single and head of household a huge alarm went off at the IRS. I had to prove I moved and prove that I had my children living with me. Thankfully I had a wonderful taxpayer advocate. It took a year and a half for me to get my return. My advocate and I had a great laugh when it was over, she saw me through a divorce, a marriage and a baby. I brought my daughter home from the hospital on the day I finally got my tax return.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Not personally, but I work for a CPA firm so we deal with it. Unfortunately a lot of auditors are idiots. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yikes! We went to two different tax preparers for 06 and 07. This year we decided to do it ourselves. I hope we don't set off any red flags....thanks for sharing :-)

logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Going throught the process now and it is in fact scary at FIRST.....calm down, do reasearch, as a tax payer you have many rights, KNOW them, I would even advise getting someone to represent you this just make the whole process a lot cleaner, a less tramatic for you.
    Good luck!!!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009