Bleed in heat?

My dog is 3 and I still cant tell if she has gone into heat yet. She doesnt hump or anything. Also do cats and dogs bleed like a women does in heat??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pets

• heats are seasonal- usually spring and fall.
    some bleed others dont. this is called silent heats.
    best to get her spayed - unspayed females are far more prone to mammary tumors,pyometras,ovarian cancer,uterine cancer.
    and humping in dos is not really a sign of intenet to breed- it is a dominance issue normally
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 11:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• when dogs bleed, they can leave a bit behind on the floors and furniture. BUT, they do not get insanely crazy like cats, though they can get severely needy. with my cat, she was insane, but she didn't bleed anywhere. My mom's dogs do sometimes spot in places.I'm sure at 3 she's had them. She should be spayed though, just to prevent!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My Rottie sometimes bleeds and other times she doesn't.She goes in heat around every 3 mths. Sometimes if she is around a male alot that tries to hump on her, it'll make her go into heat. Sometimes when they do bleed it's not alot and they clean it up(lick the floor..we have hardwood floors and she would lick it up...or lick herself alot).
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Is it possible she was spayed before you got her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009