Social cliques in high school?

What kind of social circle in high school did you belong to? I had friends, but was a loner in a way.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I graduated in "83". Ever seen "The Breakfast Club"? That pretty much sums it up for my high school experience. I had my moments of being crushed and feeling pretty confident. It seems like highschool either makes or breaks you. Def. not a place for the "faint of heart" lol.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was popular in HS. And I am still friends w/ most of them to this day. My hubby was the sk8r type. I had a secret crush on him. Then he asked me to his Sr. Prom and we havent been apart since!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 9:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It's hard to say... I kinda revolted against the "in-clique", and yet we were ALL friends. There were only 83 in my class and most of us had known eachother since kindergarten, so were pretty close. I was friends with pot heads and partiers and nerds and jocks and princesses and hicks... pretty much everybody!
    And yet, I often felt like kind of a loner too. Weird now, looking back. I'm still that way... except I actually have very few friends now as an adult, that I actually see and talk to. I'm a family gal.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was pretty lucky I had friends in a little bit of them all except the Soc's..loners and stoners, band and choir geeks, and jocks. Those were the big cliques when I was there...looooong time ago.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was in the popular group. I was a majorette and homecoming queen and voted best personality.

I was NOT IN ANYWAY a mean girl. I refused to let anyone tell me who I could or could not be friends with, so I was friends with most everyone.

We had some of those popular mean girls at our school who shunned others, they didnt like me, oh well.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I re-read mine and it came off wierd....I guess I wasnt really truely in any group now that I think about it....??? hmmmm..

You are making me think and relive old memories :) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I played soccer so we all hung out with the soccer guys. Not really sure if that made me a jock or not but that is who I was with.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was an outcast. LOL
    arbutusdawn

Answer by arbutusdawn at 9:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I was a loner. I was a drama dork... I had maybe 1 or 2 close friends but since I went to a technical high school I didnt go to school with the kids from my middle school.. I was known by everyone but still a dork.
    Merediths_Mommy

Answer by Merediths_Mommy at 9:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• High school must've "broken" me. I HATED high school. I really loved college though!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2009