• In the Spotlight:

how do i handle false charges from the x/baby mamma?

she has filed a protective order so we cant see the children and this was filed before she found a small bruise on one of there back and called cps and told them i had put the bruise there after i spanked the child.....i never spanked the child! cps reported there was no abuse and nothing to report to the court. we are not allowed to contact the children until we go to court. we are starting to worry that she would hurt the children to keep them away from us...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• If CPS found that there was no abuse then you have nothing to worry about.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Let it go before a judge, thats usually when the truth comes out... If there was no abuse found then the judge will look at whats in the best interest of the children.. So get all your ducks in a row, do whats right for the children and there shouldn't be any problems.....
    Anonymous

• Make sure you have a good lawyer on your side that is willing to fight for you while you are in court. You have to remember onces you get your children back not to say neg things about your ex in front our chidren. Know matter what is going on. You will have to deal with that person until your children are 18.
    Atsa123

Answer by Atsa123 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Let it go before the judge. Get a lawyer, and resist the urge to interrupt a la judge TV. Dress well for court, do NOT wear a hat, and call the office of the day before hand to see if there are any special rules for that particular court. Make sure you rise when the judge walks in.

Why am I saying all this? I've been to court my share of times doing land lord stuff, and the people who do stupid things always lose. I lost four hundred dollars once because my hubby forgot he was wearing a hat- he split the judgement. The law was clearly in my favor.

Avoid trash talking the mother in court as well. Simply state the truth. You understand that she is simply trying to keep her child safe, but you didn't spank the child. You don't want to come off trashy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009