How do I deal with my 12 yr. old daughters mouth?

Everything I do is wrong. She has a hateful thing to say every minute. What should I do?

mandi525

Asked by mandi525 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have two in their twenties and a teen, 16y. My oldest and youngest have been the worst of the three at different times. By the time the youngest started mouthing off I learned from the oldest although my middle kid let me rest in between. With my teen I tell her she can mouth off as much as she wants I can't physically stop her. But I win in the end cuz she doesn't get privleges givin attitude to me with all that I've done in her life time and her siblings life time. I take away one thing after two warnings at the most and a repeat attitiude of the same thing or a different thing during that time of punishment something else's taken. None of my kids've every had myspace or facebook, I meet all parents before gatherings, no smoking in my house no drinking underage even supervised by me. I always talk to teachers.Cell phones have been and are tracked.You're the parent. Empower yourself.
    Anonymous

• I was that kid. She'll out grow it. By 18 my mom and I had a great relationship. Just take away what she wants most and explain why and how she can get it back. Good luck, itll pass
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I like you anon 9:44, lol. Good job on being the boss! i'm 22 and I loved my parents with all my heart but i was a little bitch a lot of the time. Too may parents try to be their kids' friends instead of parents. (not saying you are). Even if she thnks your the meanest person every and says sh haes you she's lying. She's just mad because she's all hormonal and thinks you don't understand cuz your her mom. You have to guide her wether se thinks it's the rght ay or not. Ths world is getting too crazy nd alo of itis ppls parents don' try nymore. Good uck! can't give too much advice cuz myson's only 2, lol
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009