Does my husband love me?

He yelled at me all day and nothing I could do was right.
It does no good to discuss or argue -he always wins. He does this ever so often.
He is 59 I'm 57 married 8 years. I am comtemplating leaving.
What else can I do?

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 9:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree about taking some time away so he can see what life is like alone. Also, if you're being humiliated and disrespected, that is something to look at. Ask yourself if you'd be happier starting out again alone? And there's nothing wrong with being alone!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• sometimes more mature relationships need more work and effort, because things get old. Couples counceling before anything else, because you've been together so long, you should put in the effort!! I know people in a similar situation, but they'd never think of splitting, because even though they do get on eachothers nerves, and sometimes hurt one another, they do indeed love one another and don't want to leave.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Hey hun my hub is the same way he is never wrong and even if i have proof he is he still says he is never wrong!! Maybe try staying in a hotel for a few nights and let him think that he cant live w/o you!
    Anonymous

• Consider taking a few days apart from him to find out. Go spend time with family, or even go away. Pay attention how he reacts, and you should have the anser you need.

Good luck!
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• OMG I think I was dating your husband (JOKE). The guy I was seeing was just like that and he drove me nuts. He was NEVER wrong. He made me feel like nothing I did was correct or good enough. He would always tell me to say he was in control (out loud). These narcissistic men are just nuts sometimes. I don't think it's about if he loves you or not. It's about if you can tolerate his behavior and accept it as just the way he is but I guess after 8 yrs you already know that. I told mine to hit the door. He drained me of all my energy.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• most men at that age are set in there ways, as are women, it's not uncommon to have problems because of this, because there isn't a lot of room to grow with the relationship. You can try siting down with him and asking what the reason behind the mood swings are, what set him off, etc. But in the end the decision will be yours.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Isay that he is set in his ways and he is never going to change.I say get out and get a part-time job,get a hobby,join a club..Ultimately you have to make the decision,if you want to stay in this marriage.I would not stand it for a minute and would kick his butt out.But thats just me.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Now if I had kids with him it would be a different story but since you don't have younger children yu have more freedom .Good luck!
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2009