For those with more than one child...

How was it when you brought the second (or third or fourth, etc) child home?

Because I'm tired enough with just my six week old LOL. I'm almost dreading getting pregnant again in a few years because I can barely handle my daughter...it seems like it'll be impossible to handle her AND a newborn, ack!

So lemme hear your stories :D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get through at least this little one first! You have only been in the Mommy trenches for 6 weeks darling! And it is hard, but just like the rest of us, you'll get the hang of it and make it look like cake too! As for balancing it all, well my stepson is 6, my son is 4 and new baby boy is 5 months old. I am probably going to be insane by the time these guys get to be teenagers! You will just find the right groove and stick with it. Some people call that a routine! Relax, take deep breaths and just be in the moment.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• yeah, it's hard isn't it. I was seeing double for a year I was so *#$&*(# tired!! When my second child was born, my first was a labor then section, it was a repeat section. My son was 3 1/2 when the next was born. We took him to the hospital with us and friends waited til the new baby was born. He was fed icecream and chips by my two brothersinlaw at 8 that morning in the hospital cafeteria so he'd behave for them. Love it!! We explained to him that when he saw his new baby that mommy would have medicine tubes in her arms and be very sleepy. He was very excited but disappointed with a girl. For our third, a repeat section, my second was then four yo, again friends & relatives waited at the hospital for baby to be born. We prepared her too, brother was older. She was very shy to see me and new baby, another disappontment for our son-the third also a girl. Later in day she was great. Nurture yourself now too. GL!!!
    Anonymous

• I found my first 2 children to be really easy. It got harder with number three because she was so close to her sistser(they are 10 months apart). After number 3 it doesnt matter. I don't think it gets any harder no matter how many more you add since you've already been out numbered. I'm pregnant with my 6th right now and I'm sure he'll fit right in to our already chaotic lives!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i am still waiting on this one lol i am only 25 weeks but my girls will be almost 5 1/2 yrs apart when this little one comes and my oldest tells everyone that lumpy bumpy is her baby not mines got to thank my mom for that name lol first ultra sound baby looked all lumpy and bumps so now it stuck with the 5yr old calling her that but i think being that far apart my 5yr old will be a good sister and always want too help me with the baby i am have too remind her at times who the babies mommy is though lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2009