I am in need to desperate answers to my feelings in regards to my mirage of almost 27 years this coming Feb 13

It is normal to feel the way I am feeling? After so many years the marriage changes and our relashion changes from passion and desire to friendship and no desire?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Your friends now after all these years? WOW that's great, wish I were you, I'm 28 years in May and we're neighbors who tolerate each other more often then friends. If he helped you with kids and yours and their health through the years and talked then but not much talk now I think you're in a place that you can get better. What about counselling with either a minister or someone else?
    Anonymous

• I think those feelings are normal. I have been with my BF 5 years, and sometimes I feel the same way as you do. Sometimes I want him, others cant even stand his smell, others really hate him. I also feel that we are better off as friends not lovers. Those feelings are all normal, don't feel guilty.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• No relationship can remain the same all the time. Events change. Moods change. Circumstances change. It's all perfectly normal. You are fine. Married 27 yrs? That's almost a miracle nowadays! Congrats.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• honestly yes, especially at this age in life... there are things you can do, both of you to increase it, but it's probably menopause... (men do not go through the same things as women, but sometimes at this age, they also go through similar problems with getting it up)..
    http://www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/sex-menopause
    hope this link helps.. even if it's not menopause, there are other reason on there that may help.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think its easier to get passion back than to try and become friends after passion fades...so kudos to you for going strong!

Assuming after this long the kids are older and out of the house? Start "rediscovering" each other as individuals and not just "mom and dad". Go out on dates, flirt with each other, etc. Take a class together as a couple or find a group you two can join together. Start acting like teenagers again (with the empty house) and start making out onthe couch while watching movies with the lights off or going "parking".

Getting older and being with someone for that long does not mean you two can't rekindle that passion! Time for round two! ~DING~
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009