From the people you know...

From people you know PERSONALLY (not people you've heard of like the Duggars), who has the most kids? Are their kids well-behaved?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Other than a couple of my Aunt's who have 7 kids, my family has always been the biggest family around. There are 6 of us and there are 25 years between the oldest and the youngest. We were all fairly well behaved as children. My parents had strict rules on manners, esp. when dealing with other people and the dinner table. Four of us have graduated from high school and one is still in junior high, and one is only 2 1/2. Of the four who have graduated three(including myself) are enrolled in college and one of us is about to be. If you are asking if having more kids creates more discipline issues I don't think it does really. It really depends on parenting style and follow through...at least in my experience.
    Betc04

Answer by Betc04 at 7:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My grandparents have 10 kids. From what I know, most of them had issues as children with behavior, and as adults only a few of them are decent and hard working.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• The largest family I have ever known had 14 children and they were all well-behaved, but they were also Ultra Orthodox Jews, so lots of structure in the home, no outside media influences and the expectations for behavior were very high. Another family I knew had 7 children and they were a Mormon family, which also had lots of structure, minimal outside media influence, and high expectations for behavior. Hmmmm, seems to me that there is something to be said for both religion and turning off the tv, huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My DS's PCA is 1 of 17. He was "interviewing" her with speech questions and we found out she had 8 brothers and 8 sisters (which he asked her to name :D)! She herself only had 5. My cousin and his wife have 6, that's the most I know of personally. I only have 2, but wish I had at least 4.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009