My daughter has a strange rash...

I'm not sure what it is. Her skin is blotchy and red with little bumps in the redness. It started all over her face and then there were some spots on the rest of her body.

At first I thought it was hives. But it really doesn't look like them. I thought maybe fifth's disease but it doesn't match the pictures. To be on the safe side I gave her a little bit of children's benadril. It went away after the benadril so I think it was an allergic reaction of some sort.

Has anyone's child ever had anything like this? I'm calling the ped in the morning but I would like to have an idea of what this is.

BTW...she'll be 4 in March.

amethystrse

Asked by amethystrse at 9:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• What about something that isnt new new, but something that she hasn't had very much of. For example My LO is allergic to avacado. He had it 3 differant times before a reaction was noticed. You usually never have a reaction from something the first time you try it, after you try it than your body recognizes it as bad, and than a allergic reaction will follow the next time (or more) that they try it. My best friend is 27, she just found out she is allergic to corn and peanuts, She has ate these things all her life with no reaction. Than one day BAM! she broke out in hives.
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• has she eaten anything new? it might have been an allergy, and if it was you might want to figure out what caused it so she doesnt eat it again
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Nothing new in her diet or in the house. But allergies can pop out of nowhere.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't know either, but I'd be interested in what the doctor says. Would you please post an update?

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• not even a new shirt or jeans or something she touched at day care ( if she goes) ... yes please post an update
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2009