How do moms keep from getting stressed out about everything?

MedleyMom

Asked by MedleyMom at 9:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• chocolate and nights out. Sometimes when things get hard I just plan an outing. Even if it's 2 days away it helps just to look forward to it.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Nights out and anxiety pills, lol!

Before I got the pills, I got frustrated and stressed too easily and would often cry...and then feel guilty about crying afterwards. I felt like a terrible mom. Things are much better now!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I have three boys, I'm a full time student, my hubby works second shift, I do homework all night and I am sleep deprived and it stinks! I don't have a trusty babysitter and family is out of the question so a night out would mean bringing the boys and that doesn't seem relaxing at all... thinking about that... I get even more stressed.

My hubby doesn't want me to take pills because he doesn't want me to get addicted, no insurance anyways. I am at a loss for what to do. It isn't all the time... just more so than not.

I try to put on this "strong" image out in public so people don't see how "crazy" I really am. I feel that way sometimes.... just plain crazy. And I know how the crying is, I got my first hand experience of it tonight. Studying wasn't going so good and I just felt like a failure and started bawling.

Does anyone think this could be depression?
    MedleyMom

Answer by MedleyMom at 10:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• It could be depression, or it could just be stress and anxiety getting the best of you. ANYTHING can become addictive, but the pill I'm taking (like many others that a doctor could prescribe you) are not habit forming. You can get the generic brand of what I take at Wal-Mart for $4 a month without insurance.

I understand how your husband feels, but this is your life and you're unhappy. You're frustrated, sad, angry, etc. If there is a way to make yourself feel better to get you through the day without breaking down, then why not try it? It's worth a try...if it doesn't work you haven't lost anything. There are some things you just can't help...no amount of convincing yourself to stop acting that way will change it (if there's really something wrong). I tried convincing myself I was fine and needed NO help for 5 years...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I don't know. You will just have to get stressed out sometimes! It means you are a good mom trying your best with your kids. Just count your blessings from the tiniest thing to the biggest thing. I am thankful for this chair holding me up and the beautiful blue sky this morning. Good luck!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I am always stressed and full of anxiety...I've tried pills and "me" time...nothing seems to work. For me I guess it just comes with the territory.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009