Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need serious advice(a few question and kinda long)

So im only 17 and i just recently broke up with the my sons father. I would never have a problem with letting him see the baby until he started threating me, now im a little scared that one of these days he is going to take off with him. My godmother who is an attorney said to right up a document stating that i have primary if not sole custody of our son now he said he would agree to it but only if it said he could still see him. Now I know that to make it legal i have to get it notorized which i already have my bank who will do i. Now has anyone else done this.... and has it worked? I really dont want to lose my son or for his dad to say bad things about me in front of him how else can i insure my custody?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (15)
  • you could file for temporary custody ... because if he does take off with him, and you call the cops they wil tell you there is nothing they can do because hes the child father

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • You can have a person persent while see your son. I know some individuals have dropped their child at the police station so the other person cah visit their child.

    Answer by Atsa123 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • Don't forget it's HIS son too...not just yours. If you fear for the satefy of you or your son, settle things through court. He could be just blowing off steam and making empty threats (which we've ALL done at one point in time or another). Don't keep him frmo seeing his kid unless there is a legitimate reason for it.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • I dont want to not let him see his son but i dont want him to take off with him either he is the only thing i have and i would kill his father if he ever pull something like that which i wouldnt put past him....

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • Then get it settled through the courts. Set it up to where he can only have supervised visits if he's threatning to take him away. Get a lawyer.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • Yes you need to see an attorney, have it written up that you have sole physical custody. You aren't married so then you can set up a visitation schedule. Just remember to keep in mind the judge will only do whats in the best interest of the child. If you think he's ok to have unsupervised visits then let him but if you feel he needs to be supervised then make sure it's written up that way. Once its filed then nothing can be done, he will have to get an attorney to respond to it.. Goodluck to you

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • PP here.....Nothing can be done as in taking your child anywhere without consequences...

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • If he takes ur son and crosses state lines its a criminal charge!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • Do you feel that your babies father loves you son? He was probably was just mad and didnt know how to express his feelings. If both of you have the best interest at heart for "your" son sit down with him and with someone that can valcure for both of you, and decide on visits, medical so forth. I have done this with my sons father and it has worked out fine for over a year now.

    Answer by drln09 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

  • im sorry this is happening but being only 16 i know how you feel , the father of my son is the same way except we havent broken up but he threatens me if anything is brought up about our son colby and if any thing is brought up about "other men being in colbys life"

    Answer by colbysmommie95 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.