What color was your baby's hair when they were born?

My daughter's hair was really dark brown, like her dad's. But now that she's six weeks old, her hair has lightened up to my light brown color.

So what color hair did your babies have? Did their hair stay that color, or did it change as they got older? Were you surprised by what color their hair was?

OR if your baby was a baldy when they were born...how long did it take before they grew hair, and what color was it then?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter was born with a full head of her daddy's dark brown hair. A couple of weeks later it turned to a dark reddish blond, then it went to my color, a sort of dirty blond. She still has some strands of daddy's dark color, and if you catch it in the sun just right you can see some red highlights.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Lydia was born with jet black hair and blue eyes. Now she has (she's one) dark brown/red highlights and green/grey eyes. No surprise either way.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Mary had black curly hair with bright blue eyes from birth. now Mary's hair is medium brown with a few blond high lights during summer. And her eyes are still blue.
    idj77

Answer by idj77 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• omg my daughter was sooooooooo bald it wasn't funny! Her hair didn't start getting longer till she was 2. My son was born with a little bit of hair but I think he lost it. His hair takes a long time to grow like my daughter's does, well, like mine does ;)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My first three were blonde when they were born and my last two had brown hair at birth. Now, my oldest has dark brown hair, the next one has light brown hair, & the third one is still blonde. The next one has about medium brown and my youngest is light brown.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was born with a head for dark brown hair. I swear it was already close to 2 inches long. Now, she is about 7 months and her hair is still brown maybe a little lighter and it has grown down her back. I can already put it in a ponytail. Her father and I were both born with lots of hair.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• red
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 11:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My oldest was born with red hair. My son was born with blond hair. My youngest was a brunette (dark brown). One of each! The first two had little hair and it basically stayed the same color. My youngest lost her original dark brown hair and is now a blond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• 1st was born with brown hair and by the time she was 12 mos, it was all gone and she ended up being golden blonde. 2nd was born with jet black hair and it too, fell out and now at 10, shes golden blonde. 3rd was born with brown hair and though it did get a bit lighter, its brown now. 4th was born with brown hair and hes now golden blonde as well.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My LO's hair was black, he's 18 months old and it's now blond (for the moment, mine and DH's hair is dark). His older brother was bald until 3! :D His hair was blond when it grew in. It's now dark brown.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2009