important

there is a new law passing about not being able to resell or donate used baby clothes anymore... that means you cannot donate it to salvation army, thrift stores.. no ebay..nothing... it passes feb 10, but you can prevent it by going to this website and signing a petition .... http://www.rallycongress.com/make-second-hand-kids-clothes-legal-/1471/save-kid-s-clothing-resale-consignment-thrift-stores-from-closing/ .....or you can message me for further details.... does anyone think this is right??

sweetmama8

Asked by sweetmama8 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No its not fair for ppl who need the help! I am always at the salv drive giving clothes away! if ppl need the help why not!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 10:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think that law is so silly how dare someone tell me what I can and can't do with my childrens thing that I paid for.Where are the rights for America going.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I signed and I think it's ridiculous what they're doing.....
    Anonymous

• What I want to know is why?? Whats the reason for it?
    Anonymous

• it was ammended to allow for resale of clothing and a few other things. it now only effects things that may contain lead paint (like toys). You can google it. I dont remember where i saw the ammended version.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Read the fine print. They are preventing resale and thrift shops from selling "children's products" that contain more than 0.1% lead, and/or those that have been recalled.
    I can not find any where that it says that you can not sell clothes.

If i am miss reading the statement.. please let me know.. but i just don't see where it says you can not give away or sell clothes.. and other products.. as long as they meet the CPSC guidelines.

PLEASE.. if i am wrong.. let me know.. i went to the below site for clarification..
    http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09086.html
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• "While CPSC expects every company to comply fully with the new laws resellers should pay special attention to certain product categories. Among these are recalled children’s products, particularly cribs and play yards; children’s products that may contain lead, such as children’s jewelry and painted wooden or metal toys; flimsily made toys that are easily breakable into small parts; toys that lack the required age warnings; and dolls and stuffed toys that have buttons, eyes, noses or other small parts that are not securely fastened and could present a choking hazard for young children." ~ CPSC

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009