Motivation for finishing school?

I need some motivation because I'm feeling seriously lazy. Any ideas or maybe reminders of all the good things that will come out of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2012 in

• Getting your diploma or degree will give you a step up in the world, not having it will only make you wish that you did, and then you'll have to go back to get it, which is harder than just doing it now.

Answer by Bmat at 7:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• How much longer do you have left? When I look at something that is a lot of work in the future, I try to put that amount of time into perspective. Say you have a year of two left. Look how fast the last year or two passed. Pretty soon you'll be done and looking back at this time in the same way.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• I have 2 classes left and I'm doing it online so I can do it however fast or slow I want to so it's hard to get motivated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• look at the post degree income. new friendships you'll make. how proud of yourself you'll feel. you may write down all the things you're missing now as not to forget to do all it when you're done (say diving) or you just can drink a hot tea and you shall feel better and up to what's needed.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• When I'm ready to pull my hair out over nursing school, I stop, take a walk or sit on the porch, & think about the things I will be able to do for my DD after I have my license. To be able to take her on vacation, get her something from the toy aisle sometimes just because, be a better, happier mom because I won't be constantly stressed about paying the bills. Give me my motivation every time!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• Forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree, since I don't know you well. But school allows you to get better jobs, and perhaps jobs you feel passionate about, which can be really central to your happiness. Also, there's a game on the Internet, and I wish I could find the link, but search for "Could you survive on $9 an hour?" and you'll get it. The game takes you through trying to make it as a family on working-class wages. There are realistic choices along the way, and by the end, you'll be glad you're on your way to better pay when you finish school!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• I made it a point to NEVER get behind in my schoolwork, no matter how sick or tired or overwhelmed I was. I didn't want it to become a habit. When I finished my master's, I felt SO GOOD knowing that I hadn't half assed a single assignment, my GPA reflected it, and I had no regrets. It was the best feeling. Your education is something nobody can take away from you, but the more work you put in, the more you gain. Finish, and do it well...it will be great.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• Remember that an education leads to a great paying job and all the things that a good job provides such as:
    a. a life-style you want
    b. a nice house or apartment
    c. nice vacations
    d. a nice car
    e. lots of adult toys, electronics, sports equipment, etc.

Make a collages of pictures of things you want and hang them around the house to remind you.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2012

• just remember when you get done you make more money and u dont have to go back to school........i also think robinkane's idea is good too

tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 4:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2012

• do you want to do it now, get it out of the way, graduate, and have that pride of accomplishment and get the bonus of a degree...

OR

do you want to sit on your butt,put it off, and have to do it later when you may have something more important, stressful, and/or an emergency going on in your life?

DO IT NOW!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2012