Finding out the sex...

My hubby wants to know the sex of our baby. We have 2 boys already. I wanted to have it a secret but part of me wants to know too. I cant decide if I want to find out or not. Has anyone one done this where one knew and the other didnt? How did it work and what do you suggest?

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 10:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of people finding out the sex then not telling anyone. That's what I'm doing with my next one! So, maybe since you really want to know but you want some sense of surprise don't tell your other kids and family. Good luck with the decision! =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My husband is one of 13 men born in his line- of the last 14 births. Yeah... we are NOT pregnant with a girl this time. IF we are I will fall over, lol. This is our third and although I feel different, I am looking forward to our family of three bouncy boys lol!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My boyfriend and i did that with our first child........ he knew it was a girl and i didn't that is until three weeks later hahaha he slipped i was so sure i was having a boy cause the way his face was when the DR. showed him so i started to buy blue receivingblankets and as i was putting them in the basket he was taking them out and kept saying maybe we should wait on buying this stuff then i saw him grab a pink blanket and stick it under the diapers he gave it away.  But i mean it was fun like not knowing for a while and most people i know who do that usually find out before the baby is born which by then you kind of want to know too cause everyone else does but i mean its up to you of course but i think it would be fun for you too, cause you want to know but then don't you know. Good luck!

LovingMyKids02

Answer by LovingMyKids02 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• My first child was a boy. My first daughter was the first girl in my husband's family born in over thirty years between his siblings and his father's siblings and the resulting kids. Talk about excitement -the staff was taking bets on the baby's sex. I kept referring to her as he, him for the four days. One of my nurses made me a sign for my daughter's bassinet so I'd read her name in large print and remember I had a girl!! Then 6 months later a relative had a girl and four years later I had another girl and 8 months later the same sister in law had another girl too. So we joke that I broke the CURSE. But we didn't want to know ahead of time, more fun at the end. I carried my son not looking pregnant from the rear carring out front and with my two daughters I carried left to right. Is that how most girls and boys are carried? I vote let it be a surprise!! What about the needle over your belly?
    Anonymous

• I really wanted to be surprised with this baby but surprises make my husband neurotic lol. So we agreed that he would find out and not tell anyone. Unfortunatly at my 18 week ultrasound the doc turned on the machine and ta-da! there were little boy parts obviously showing. lol, he jerked the monitor across my belly and said "ummm, do you want to know the sex of the baby?" lol. So it didn't quite work out....but I think it would have been fun! And worse case scenario, you don't find out and he does and he ends up slipping before the big day, I still think that would be a really fun way to find out. I think it gives the dad a special involved feeling that they tend to lack during pregnancy if they are the "secret keeper" :) Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2009