Am I just upset?

My husband got promoted to the service department in his company,when this happend he said "we" would be able to travel alot and that when he had to go out of state me and my son could follow him in our car and we would be able to see alot and travel. Well he came home tonight and said they are flying him to Texas tomorrow and he doesnt know how long he will be gone or any details.I am sooooo upset because I am A SAHM and I never get to do anything and its like now he is going to travel and see things while Im secluded in our house watching our son. Should I be upset or supportive. I acted like a bitch earlier and now he is asleep and he leaves to ealry for me to talk to him now....what do I do,how do I handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Go wake him up and apologize. Tell him what you told us just now. Let him know that you are jealous over his traveling but, you support him with his career. Make plans to do something when he gets back so you can see something too. Even if just for now, it's a couple of cities away or to a local tourist attraction.

If you are able, take your son to do something special while daddy is away. Maybe get a sitter and do something for yourself.

Just hang in there, but don't let him leave without apologizing and trying to get him to see your side and why you acted so harshly. He'll understand and maybe make that extra attempt to plan something special for his locked down wife. :D
    MedleyMom

Answer by MedleyMom at 10:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• set your alarm and get up before he goes. Tell him you were just disappointed and over reacted. There will be other times to go with him.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Talk to him later. You'll have other chances. If he's the breadwinner, you have to support him and when he has time off you can drive around and do what you want.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• Thats the thing,I cant do what I want. I dont have any friends because he doesnt like any of them and if I go to the store he tells me how long i should be gone. I always said I wouldnt ever be in a relationship like this.We love each other very much he is just controlling. But he can go out of state and I cant even go to the store and he doesnt see why im upset.
    Anonymous

• i don't buy that he doesn't know the details of his business trip, girl. of course he knows how long he'll be gone, and of course he knows the details..wake his butt up and talk to him. if he's the only one working, you don't have much choice in how he works, i guess, but shouldn't you guys be in a partnership and discuss things like this? controlling or not, sahm or not, there needs to be some give-take on both parties. accountability and support isn't just the wife's role.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• well you can leave him a note and put it in his bags, or wake him up to apologize.. and make the most of the time he is gone.. he may not be able to take you both all the time... (sometimes companies pay for hotels but don't allow for relatives to come, so it may not be his fault). Pending on the age of your son..you can invite a few friends over and their kids, and have a mommies and babies day party. Or you can take him to a fun museum, aquarium, etc. Check your area for fun things going on (by newpaper, internet, etc)... make it a nice bonding time for you and your son.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• sorry, didn't see your other post op.. I would agree with thehairnazi on that part of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2009