How can I get my four year old to go to sleep? She does not give in easily. I have tried everything I know.

stargazemomma

Asked by stargazemomma at 10:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son wasn't an easy sleeper, and I tried all of the 'techniques' from Super Nanny to every other website I could find...then I asked him what he needed from me for him to go to sleep. Not expecting much from a 3 year old I was surprised - a back rub Mama and read my books slower. We found that fighting with him got him worked up and wore us down - and now most of the time he does fall asleep by himself, there are times when I take some special time for the two of us and rub his back or read to him softly until those eyes close for the night. Is she still napping? If he naps then his bedtime is pushed back but if he doesn't nap and we can deal with the grumpies he is tired enough not to fight bedtime at all. Another thing I've found is that we tell him three or four activities in advance that it is bedtime coming up (after Franklin we have a bath then read and go to bed and to sleep). Just some ideas, hope it helps you!
    mystic-mom

Answer by mystic-mom at 12:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The first answer was outstanding. I don't even have anything to add!!
    Jixie

Answer by Jixie at 8:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009