What would you say or do to DH?? I need some advice!

I had the kids all day without a car because my car is getting fixed, entertained them, cleaned and cooked!
DH asked me if i was ok with him having dinner and going out with one of his best freinds that he works with to celebrate a promotion. I said i didn't mind but that today would not be a good day since I don't have a car. He called a couple of times today and I asked him if he was hanging out with him and he said no, I'm really tired and will be leaving in a bit. He calls me and says he will be running late and will be home around 8:30-8:40. I called 3 times and no answer! I finally call at 9:30pm and he answers and I hear his car beeping and he's like I just left work and on my way home! And we start going at it ! He's like open Skype and let me show you I'm at work.... I'm like, this is not where your at but your so very late !!!!
I hate this ! I said I needed to get off the phone to check on dessert and he's like FINE and hung up !!!

What should I do or say? Am I overreacting ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2012 in Relationships

• Should have skyped him. Woulda proved one of you. We are one car all the time. Be better prepared with your necessities.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Well, first things first...who got the promotion? Was it your hubby? If so, this is what I would say/do to him: I would tell him how proud I was, have him a plate made, then screw his brains out in celebration.
    If it was not, I would say/do: Thank you for working over time, you must be exhausted, here come sit down and eat the dinner I fixed you, and then I would screw his brains out.
    Unless he lied and went to a strip club or cheated, you are way over reacting....the man was working!!!!!! Who wants to come home after working late, or even at all, to a bitchy wife?? We only have one car, and I make sure the night before that I have enough of everything to get me through the next day.
    Watch_me_burn

Answer by Watch_me_burn at 11:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• You also said that he called and said he was going to be late, so he was a little bit later than he originally thought...did one hour really make that much of a difference??
    Watch_me_burn

Answer by Watch_me_burn at 11:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I don't like when my husband doesn't give me a heads up when he is going to be late, but it does sound like you may have overreacted. I have never really "gone at it" with him over it, though I do get annoyed because I ask him quite often to let me know (especially now that we have only 1 vehicle). I just keep reminding him that he needs to let me know because I have plans and I need a heads up. Let him know it worries you when he is that late and doesn't give you a heads up.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• And also, we needed milk and diapers and we don't live near a store that'swalking distance so that made me even more annoyed!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Trust me, I know how you feel. Been there done that, but if he was working he couldn't really leave. It is nice to get a heads up though. I have had to drive a 24 hour convenience store for diapers a few times due to my husband being late and the store being closed, but even if he had called me, it wouldn't have changed anything.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Grow a fucking spine and figure it out... we don't know every detail... maybe it was tge truth... he's your dh... only you know how to deal with him!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• Usually when someone asks if she's overreacting, she wants everybody to tell her no, she's completely right, her husband was being thoughtless, blah, blah, blah. But it sounds like you're having a pity party because you had the kids all day with no car. You entertained them, cleaned and cooked. Guess what? That's what moms do. Hell, I don't drive, so I always have the kids all day with no car. Instead of coming off as worried about your husband because he was late, you came off as whining and feeling sorry for yourself. What do you mean, asking us what you should say or do to your husband? Should we tell you to chunk the dessert at his head when he walks in? Why would you doubt him if he said he was at work and not hanging out with his best buddy? If he hasn't given you any reason to doubt him, maybe what you should say is, "I'm really sorry, honey." Oh, and next time, buy milk and diapres before you run out of them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• .
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• ***Telling the truth
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2012