Who picked your child(ren) name?

Are you happy with your choice?

Trini

Asked by Trini at 3:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2012 in Baby Names

• We did ... and yes, I'm very happy with our choices :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I am the one that thought of our daughters but if DH hadn't liked it we would have kept running through them until we both found one we liked. DH picked our son's, but again I agreed on it. Sometimes I wish our daughter's middle name was her first name, but her name suits her. Yes we are happy with our choices.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• My oldest dd her first name her dad suggested and I love it! Her middle name we put the names we both liked..my youngest I came up wit her first name and we turned her dads middle name girly and used it as her middle name as well ...yes I'm very happy with my name choices
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 4:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• my husband suggested my older dd name and it was actually a name i had been tossing around in my head for a girls name so i told him the middle name i liked with it and he agreed. my younger dd we had both picked a name, but then he made a joke about something someone said about it and i said "OMG we should name her Mary-Jayne" and as soon as i said it it felt more right than the first name we had picked out. her middle name is a family name on dh side of the family. i love both my girls names.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• It was a joint effort on all 3. I love my kids' names! I hope they feel the same :) (Haven't had a complaint yet!)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• ^^^Oh, & when I said joint effort, I don't mean that we smoked a joint while deciding on names! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I came up with it and DH agreed. We LOVE her name! She actually said the other day that she didn't like her name because people are too stupid to take half a second to realize her name isn't Kaylee
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• I did and yes
    Heavensonfire

Answer by Heavensonfire at 7:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• We did it together. Both kids are named after our grandparents and a cousin. We wanted the English name to be close to their Hebrew name without having separate names. My dd is Sarah Avivah and my ds is Elan Aaron.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2012

• My oldest son my ex-husband and I worked together. He wanted to name him a nickname, and I compromised agreeing to use the full name and we could call him the nickname (although son doesn't like being called that nickname in general lol), and his middle name is my grandfather's middle name because my ex wouldn't agree to my grandfather's first name.

My youngest son I named all by myself. My ex was in jail and we were divorcing, and I'd only picked out a girl's name because I was convinced he'd be a girl. lol So I sat on my hospital bed running through names until I found two that went together well that I really liked.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2012