Help!! We are getting ready in to an apartment....

we just downsized from owning a house to an apartment, have been paying rent for a few months but haven't officially moved yet. (We have no problem with it) the landlord, however has not yet sent our lease via email as she said she would. What are the risks to us if we move with no lease, or if she NEVER sends it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You need a lease. If you move in w/o one you don't know what then landlord is responsible for and what your responsible for. It could end up real ugly and in court. I would make sure you have it before you move anything in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• OP here. I should have clarified, we agreed to basic upkeep and repairs for a discount in rent. Another tenant takes care of the yard, and he does get a rent discount, so she seems to keep he end of the bargain up. I've asked a couple times for the lease, but it just doesn't come. We've paid this woman about $2000 already. She works for the state of Ohio with my DH, so we know she has a clean background.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't give anymore money and just tell her you are really uncomfortable to move in without a lease.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2009