May have some depression problems

I act like I am so energized sometimes and cry soemtimes and I feel so unhappy. Sometimes just so mean, hard headed, say cruel things, and feel very sorry for it later.
I am scare that I will just give up and let my life go if I don't keep going. What I mean by this is I will not be active in my life.
Some days I push myself to do household chores.
I feel aweful because there are people on the streets and I am an at home wife. I used to work and get picked on by my family because I don't.
But honestly I just feel afraid that there are situations that will put me into another panic attack.
My feelings are hurt very easily by people who say things in the super market. Then I can't let it go.
Sometimes I can think of a whole list of reasons why I feel this way.
My husabnd wants me to speak with a counselor. I am afraid I might go on meds.
Why am I so emotional? When things should be fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2009 in Health

• Hey, today was a TERRIBLE day for me! I screamed at my kids all day (which of course made me angry at myself, which didn't help the situation any). I got NOTHING done because I had no motivation. I seriously couldn't have cared if I got out of bed. Once I was out of bed, I moved to the couch and sat...a lot. I have anxiety and I don't handle stress well at all. I see my doctor for it.

You should consider talking to the doctor. They will be able to tell you what they think is happening and give you options. They don't always resort to meds first...in fact most decent doctors will tell you to try exercise, diet change, and counselling first. You just can't help some things and whatever is going on may be genetic. That's not your fault.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I think in life we go through this stuff. If you're feeling insecure and having panic attacks where before you didn't, it is worth speaking to someone. I understand. I NEVER wanted to talk to a shrink or go on drugs. I tried a shrink twice and gave it up. I didn't go on meds daily but after complaining to my internal medicine doctor, he gave me an anti anxiety called clonazepam to take when I am pms. I usually take 1 pill a day for the four days that I am a freak and then not again until the next month. It's beautiful! Takes the edge off and I'm a better wife and mother during that time.
    Anonymous

• I myself have inheirted Bi-polar. My grandmother had it very bad she would just walk out the door and not come back for weeks and months. We there was a hurricane in florida in the 90's she just up and left to help them. She was in her 60's. So am always up and down with emotions and I have severe depression. I have been on four differnent meds. None help. I also have other problems I can't even talk about. So I know struggling to stay sane is hard. I just push myself through the day as best as I can. I always wanted to be the prefect mom,wife,and child. But I know I can't. You should go see someone. It is really hard and embrassing but it may help to just let it out and tell someone. I feel better after I can just let it out. Good luck. You can get through this. Be strong momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sounds like Borderline Personality Disorder. Borderline has ups and downs from day to day and are not as severe and intense as the up and down swings with Bi-polar. With a personality disorder, a counselor will probably recommend therapy rather than medication. Medication is only needed if your practitioner feels that there is a natural imbalance of the neurotransmitters in your nervous system that are responsible for mood. I wouldn't let anyone put you on medication (and no one will force you to take meds, you must decide) without trying some cognitive-behavioral therapy or whatever type of therapy they might suggest first. If therapy can't resolve the issues, you very well could need some medication to restore a natural balance in your nervous system. Try talking it out with a professional first and see where it takes you from there. Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Finally someone like me. I don't think it would hurt to go see a physician about your issues. I have been battling depression for 9 years. I know when I haven't taken my meds because I am cranky, moody, sad, emotional, all in one ball. But sometimes you have to take time out for yourself, and focus on what makes you happy. Forget what the people in the supermarket say. They don't affect the food on your table, or your family. So don't let what other people say get the best of you. Sometimes we worry more about what other people say about us than what we need to do. Next time you can tell them one of two phrases, "Go to hell" or in a nicer way "its not the fact that I don't care, but its the fact that I am so close to not caring, that I would almost feel embarrased to make a distinction between the two. Have a nice day." Flick your hair and walk off like a model. :)
    younghyster2008

Answer by younghyster2008 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Sounds like some sort of depression, which is NOTHING to be ashamed of! I would go talk to your Dr and look into some meds!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009